In today’s strip, we learn that Funky’s inept efforts to maintain the band box at Montoni’s have killed it. That’ll put a damper on the Cinco de Mayo festivities surrounding the pizza special advertised in Montoni’s window. You know, Cinco de Mayo, the world’s most pizza-oriented holiday.
My research into the band box a couple years ago revealed that the real band box at Akron’s Luigi’s has similarly deteriorated.
- Early on: one of the characters name-drops Les, Cayla, Summer, and Keisha.
- Mr. Batiuk is one of the better actors in the production
- Everyone—I mean everyone—including the 19-year-old protagonist, gets their news from newspapers. Printed ones, on actual paper.
- Whenever you see a newspaper, you see the comics page.
- Astonishing video-editing.