Cindy and Mason’s reason for visiting Westview during the time around the winter solstice that is celebrated by certain faiths and cultures but not by others and all of these people are okay so please don’t sue the school board* is perhaps more clear in today’s strip.
Yes, she’s now engaged to a big Hollywood picture star and has come back to Westview to rub it in the face of her schlubby ex-husband at the very pizzeria he refused to leave in order to remain with her. Or maybe she hasn’t come back to rub it in and is just appallingly tone-deaf to how this looks to every person on the planet with common manners.
The real story today, though, is the mug on Cindy’s finance…
– I propose that every joke ever written about someone asking a horse “why the long face?” be modified to replace the horse with Mason Jarr.
– Mason Jarr once voiced an animated banana in a Dole commercial. Test audiences thought it was live-action.
– If you order Ronco’s 25 piece cutlery set in the next 20 minutes, you receive Mason Jarr’s face for free (just pay processing and handling).
– If Mason Jarr is seen in profile at an airport, he is confiscated by the TSA.
– When Mason Jarr played football, he would borrow Tony Zendejas’ helmet in a vain effort to better protect his chin.
* Also, kudos to principal Nate Green for supplying me with the student handbook-approved terminology for this time of year.