It’s been one week since Bull went to see
Doctor Jowls who we think lives in Raleigh
Five panes in that Sunday strip, telling
Nothing TB had not already let slip
Three days since the garage scene
We get in today’s strip, “the hell was he wearing?”
One hour ago, Bull finally found the key
But it’s still six more weeks ’til we move on from this story
With sincerest apologies to Barenaked Ladies, Canada, and the late 1990s.
While harmless for the person repeating the word or action, this behavior can be troublesome or stressful for those caring for the person with dementia. Fortunately, there are some ways to distract the person and break the repetitive action.
- Provide plenty of reassurance and comfort, both in words and in touch.
- Try distracting the person with a snack or activity.
- Avoid reminding them that they just asked the same question.
- Try ignoring the behavior or question and distract the person into an activity.
- Don’t discuss plans with a confused person until immediately prior to an event.
…or do what Linda Bushka does: stand back and let ’em have at it! Bull’s torturous decline continues, and apparently the only support that Linda seeks is for herself, online. And what’s Buck got to smirk knowingly about? He shared with Linda that he’d (impossibly) been diagnosed with CTE himself, shortly after Bull was. He still appears hale and hearty, while Bull has been reduced to a mindless laundry addict.